Destination weddings on the famous beaches of the Emerald Coast are so much fun, and offer a couple the chance to host a luxurious, momentous affair without needing to break the bank.
There are some things about planning a wedding on our silver sands, however, that might be different than planning a wedding in a more traditional setting. To get the most out of your beach nuptials, try these simple tips from the professionals at Celebration Hall, the premier full service events venue in south Walton County, Florida:
- Book a site that also will make a dream honeymoon spot for you and your spouse. Having your wedding and honeymoon all in one place is called a “weddingmoon”, and many resorts will offer special packages if you choose to do this.
- Arrive at your destination a few days before the ceremony. This will give you time to check up on the details of your wedding, as well as allowing time for any travel delays or late luggage. Having a few extra days will help keep the stress to a minimum, so that you are relaxed and ready for your big day.
- Send out save the date cards well in advance of a destination wedding (6 months or more). Since everyone will be traveling, it will allow them plenty of time to schedule the days off from work, book the flights, and make hotel arrangements. If you have relatives or friends who you would like to invite, but that you believe will not be able to make the trip, go ahead and invite them anyway. It is always nice to be asked, and who knows, they might surprise you by coming.
- Dress appropriately for your wedding on the Gulf. If your wedding will be held on the beach at sunset, this could mean a romantic and flowing gown with handcrafted bridal jewelry. A simple dress always looks better on the beach than a big formal one, and the handcrafted bridal jewelry will give your ensemble a beautiful, yet relaxed flavor.
- We understand you might have every detail pictured in your mind but sometimes one most let go of certain elements that might not be suitable for the site that you have chosen. This might mean having a cake with fondant frosting, even though you had your heart set on buttercream (which is notorious for melting in hot weather). It could mean that you take the planner’s advice and schedule your ceremony for the late afternoon instead of sunset because the area gets too buggy at dusk (we have our secret sunset tricks too though!). Whatever it may be, stay open minded and accept that some ideas may not be feasible. That is okay, though, because our pristine destination has many other wonderful things about it. However, the caring, friendly staff at Celebration Hall will go above and beyond to make all your wedding dreams come true if at all possible!
- Buy travel and event insurance if you are planning a wedding during hurricane season. No one likes to talk about it, but it’s just common sense. We get storms every few years and no amount of worrying will prevent them, that’s why we suggest you cover all the bases for your ultimate peace of mind.
- Serve seasonal and local food, as recommended by your venue’s wedding coordinator. Don’t get hung up on what you think every reception must have, whether it is steak or pigs-in-a-blanket. Be open to trying the local delicacies, like our fresh, locally caught gulf seafood or delicious Florida citrus.
- Be prepared to let go of some of the control of the wedding planning. Any time that you are planning a wedding by long distance, it is necessary to trust someone at your site to handle many of the details for you. The amazing wedding specialists at Celebration Hall will take care of all your needs and remain in contact from the beginning until you say ‘I do’ and beyond. If you surrender to the process, you may actually find preparing for your wedding to be fairly relaxing.
When you work with the coordinators and originals at Celebration Hall, you will know that you are in good hands.
There is a great spirit of celebration present at every one of our gorgeous beach weddings. Not only is it a joyous occasion, but everyone is also on vacation!
Your guests will be delighted when they see our vaulted beamed ceilings, oak doors, and massive wrought iron chandeliers which have been scaled to impress. Bringing to mind the luxury and romance of a historical venue, Celebration Hall was inspired by the grand halls of European manor homes, We can offer a seated capacity around 150 people inside, with many more with the addition of our lighted lawns and patio area. We also have a state of the art sound system and free parking for your guests.
Our professional staff at Celebration Hall will help coordinate all your wedding and event needs, from decor, to lightning, to arranging a cake, to catering and so much more. In fact, to make things easier, we have screened and selected a group of the best area vendors, which includes a varied group offering different styles and price points for every taste.
We are located on scenic route 30-A amidst the beautiful beaches of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Just steps from Celebration Hall is Suites 30-A, the perfect spot to start a honeymoon or take care of all your guests lodging needs.
The best way to reach us is email: firstname.lastname@example.org but feel free to call us as well at: 850-499-2652.
We are happy to put a courtesy hold on a date for a limited time, to allow time for you to make your travel plans to visit the property before making a commitment, without obligation.