Looking for an outdoor summer or early fall wedding?Whether on our pure white sand beaches or our lush, tropical lawns surrounded by fragrant blooms, is one of the best, most romantic ways to celebrate your nuptials, while maintaining your sanity.The natural beauty of our coastal paradise lends itself perfectly to a gorgeous event, ideal for the couple looking to save money and time because costly decorations are not needed to project a lavish, decedent affair. What’s more luxurious than saying your sacred vows while standing on countless tiny polished quartz crystals? In fact, the unrivaled beaches of south Walton County, are so visually stunning, that they have been voted in the Top Five Most Beautiful Places to Wed by The Knot magazine for five years in a row.
Your family and friends will thank you for combining your wedding ceremony with a mini beach vacation to such a renowned beach destination, one that won’t require guests to break the bank or spend weeks trying to get a passport to be with you on your big day. Having a beautiful, memorable wedding on the Emerald Coast is a surefire hit that is guaranteed to make a splash. It may cause a touch of panic, however, with wedding guests who may be trying to decide what to wear to your beachside or outdoor festivities. So here, the wedding professionals at Celebration Hall, the premier full service events venue on the Gulf Coast specializing in amazing beach weddings, have put together a guide to summer wedding attire that you can share with your guests ahead of time:
- Take your cue from about the level of formality for a summer wedding from what the invitation says. Only an after six, “White Tie” or “Ultra Formal” would require a long gown (and those invites are very rare).
- Choose pretty florals or yummy colors (pink, yellow, blue) in light fabrics for daytime or outdoor weddings.
- Remember, you’re at the beach, so have fun with your dress material. Pick light, flowing fabrics that will not wrinkle, but will have movement and style while keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Dress up more for weddings after 6 PM, but still keep your look summery (sleeveless dresses, strappy sandals, glowing skin). More formal attire should still be able to hold up to heat, humidity or wind, still keeping in mind your location. Those 4 inch stilettos you’ve been dying to wear are probably not the right choice for an outdoor event, after all you’ll just sink into the sand or turf and possibly scuff them up.
- Keep hairdos under control in hot weather with soft up-dos or pretty hair barrettes.
- Wear white because it competes with the bride. This is typically a well known tip, but it bears repeating.
- Wear hosiery, heavy makeup or chunky jewelry in our hot, humid climate or you’ll melt… And not because of that hunky groomsman you’ve had your eye on since you arrived.
- Dress too sexy — belly showing or lots of cleavage — because it’s not an appropriate occasion to dress like you’re going to a nightclub. Besides, it may come across as tasteless or desperate, but really it’s suppose to be the bride’s big day, so let her have it.
For more fresh ideas for your wedding, stop in to see the professionals at Celebration Hall, located on a beautiful stretch of Scenic Hwy 30A in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
Our guests will delight when they see our vaulted beamed ceilings, oak doors, and massive wrought iron chandeliers which have been scaled to impress. Bringing to mind the luxury and romance of a historical venue, Celebration Hall was inspired by the grand halls of European manor homes. We can offer a seated capacity around 150 people inside, with many more with the addition of our lighted lawns and patio area. We also have a state of the art sound system and free parking for your guests.
Our professional staff at Celebration Hall will help coordinate all your wedding and event needs, from decor, to lightning, to arranging a cake, to catering and so much more. In fact, to make things easier, we have screened and selected a group of the best area vendors, which includes a varied group offering different styles and price points for every taste. We are located on scenic route 30A amidst the beautiful beaches of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Just steps from Celebration Hall is 30A Suites, the perfect spot to start a honeymoon or take care of all your guests lodging needs.
The best way to reach us is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to call us as well at: 850-499-2652. We are happy to put a courtesy hold on a date for a limited time, to allow time for you to make your travel plans to visit the property before making a commitment, without obligation.
You will be given the right of first refusal for that date. When you have decided to book your event, a non refundable deposit of ½ the venue fee will secure your date.